Dental veneers are thin flakes of dental ceramics or photopolymer. Dental veneers are used to replace the damaged, discoloured or unsightly front surface of the teeth, making them more visually appealing.
Veneers are placed on the outer part of your teeth which is closest to your mouth, covering the front surface of your teeth. This mimics the size, shape and colour of your teeth, creating a very natural look that can improve your confidence dramatically.
The shade of porcelain can be selected to ensure a sufficient colour match to the rest of your teeth, improving a single discoloured tooth or as a way of lightening your teeth.
Opting for higher quality veneers will ensure they will not peel or fall off, which can be the case with some cheaper, low-quality alternatives.
You can eat and drink with them as normal, but it’s important that patients don’t do any actions that put unnecessary pressure on the veneers, i.e. breaking nuts or openings bottles, as this may cause problems and affect your dental veneers.
Choosing veneers through Medicotrips can give you newfound confidence to smile again.
Important to know when placing dental veneers:
- You must ensure gums are healed of gingivitis if you have this before opting for veneers
- Front teeth with veneers will continue to perform the same functions along with the same results as before
- To maintain their appearance, veneers require regular maintenance and good oral health hygiene -that includes regular brushing, flossing and the use of an antibacterial mouthwash
- If the correct shade is chosen and placed perfectly over your tooth, it will create a very natural look
- It is wrong to believe that veneers can harm teeth
- Veneers are only placed on natural teeth, and cannot be put on crowns or in the absence of a real tooth or teeth
How do I care for my veneers?
Once the procedure has taken place, your gums might feel a little sore.
This is completely normal and should settle down after a few days of careful brushing. Veneers are easy to maintain. They require the same care as your other teeth.
This includes regular brushing, flossing, dental check-ups and hygienist appointments, which will help keep your veneers looking as good as new for years to come.
How will dental veneers benefit me?
- Provide a natural tooth appearance
- Gum tissues takes to porcelain well
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant
- Increased confidence by restoring your smile
- Ability to achieve the smile you want
- Feeling happier with your appearance
- The colour of a porcelain veneer can be selected to make dark teeth appear whiter
Our dental specialists will be able to talk you through the dental veneers process, understanding the results in which you can expect to see after you have had them placed.
For a free consultation, please get in touch with one of the MedicoTrips team today to start your dental veneer journey on+44 (0) 121 288 4552.