Veneers are think flakes of dental ceramics or photopolymer. Dental veneers are used to replace damaged, discoloured or unsightly front surface of the teeth. They changed the vision of your teeth is much better. Veneers are placed on the outer part of your teeth which is closest to your mouth.
Opting for the better quality veneers will ensure they will not peel or fall off. You can eat and drink with them as you would normally. But please be careful not to use your teeth for breaking nuts or openings bottles as this may cause problems and affect your dental veneers.
Important to know when placing dental veneers:
- You must ensure gums are healed of gingivitis if you have this before opting for veneers
- Front teeth with veneers will continue to perform the same functions along with the same results as before
- For a better appearance veneers require keeping and maintaining good oral health hygiene- brushing and using toothpaste, using a dental floss and antibacterial mouthwash
- If the correct shade is chosen and placed correctly over your tooth it will not differ from the natural look
- It is wrong to believe that veneers can harm teeth
- Veneers are placed only on natural teeth. Unfortunately they cannot be put on crowns or in the absence of a real tooth or teeth.